[NSRCA-discussion] No Master's Finals?

Jeff and Claire Worsham jeffclaire at cableone.net
Wed Jul 22 13:37:51 AKDT 2015

+1 - Big time!

Jeff Worsham

-----Original Message-----
From: NSRCA-discussion [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On
Behalf Of Atwood, Mark via NSRCA-discussion
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:04 PM
To: Ronald Van Putte; General pattern discussion
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] No Master's Finals?

Rule books.  Masters instituted the finals program as a remedy for unequal
exposure from the matrix system.  Since there were fewer pilots this year,
they were able to provide equal exposure for each round and therefore no
finals was "required".  The complicating factor was the loss of site 4 due
to rain and unusable conditions early in the week.  So being compressed on
to two site, along with an ongoing threat of more rAin made eliminating an
extra day of flying appealing.  In hindsight it would have been possible but
let's not beat up the ED for making a good call with the info he had at the
time of the decision.

As for the FAI finals, the FAI format for a nation event is spelled out with
Semi and Final formats.

I would imagine that we'll go back to Masters finals in the future.   I'd
personally like to see ALL classes have a finals on Thursday and a unified
banquet and awards ceremony.

Sent from my average intelligence  phone

<nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that the Master class
competition ended today after the third day, with no Master class finals
tomorrow.  However, the FAI class, with almost the same number of
competitors as the Master class, will have a semifinals today for 16 pilots
and a finals tomorrow (for 8 pilots?).