[NSRCA-discussion] No Master's Finals?

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Wed Jul 22 10:04:26 AKDT 2015

Rule books.  Masters instituted the finals program as a remedy for unequal exposure from the matrix system.  Since there were fewer pilots this year, they were able to provide equal exposure for each round and therefore no finals was "required".  The complicating factor was the loss of site 4 due to rain and unusable conditions early in the week.  So being compressed on to two site, along with an ongoing threat of more rAin made eliminating an extra day of flying appealing.  In hindsight it would have been possible but let's not beat up the ED for making a good call with the info he had at the time of the decision.

As for the FAI finals, the FAI format for a nation event is spelled out with Semi and Final formats.

I would imagine that we'll go back to Masters finals in the future.   I'd personally like to see ALL classes have a finals on Thursday and a unified banquet and awards ceremony.

Sent from my average intelligence  phone