[NSRCA-discussion] Power Supplies

Ronald Van Putte vanputter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 08:28:23 AKDT 2015

Over the past couple of years, I have been buying power supplies which were in or intended for computer servers that were discontinued and had been removed from service.  I bought them in bulk to get the price down.

The  power supplies are the HP DPS-600pb and HP DPS-1200fb.  The HP DPS-600pb is a 47 amp/12 volt power supply.  The HP DPS-1200fb is a 75 amp/12 volt power supply.

You can connect two of either of the power supplies in series for 24 volts with appropriate grounding procedures.

I sell unmodified HP DPS-600pb power supplies for $20 each and unmodified HP DPS-1200fb power supplies for $28 each.

I modify the power supplies so they will turn on when plugged into a 120 volt outlet and install pigtails with 4mm female bullet connectors that many chargers will plug into.

I sell modified HP DPS-600pb power supplies for $30 each and modified HP DPS-1200fb power supplies for $38 each.

Keep in mind that these hot-swap power supplies were intended to be used with computer servers, so their output is very stable and they are designed to be used 24/7.

I plan to bring some of each kind of power supply to the Nats and need to get a handle what the market is so I can bring an appropriate number with me.

Please let me know if you are interested in one or more of these power supplies by contacting me offline.

Ron Van Putte