[NSRCA-discussion] Matt Finley ( Arming Plug )

DaveL322 DaveL322 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 23 09:05:39 AKST 2015

To recall, it was the D2 column several months ago that documented an arming plug failure.

By far, the most effective requirement that could be implemented would be  checking failsafe.  A fair number of planes at the 2011 wc were not properly setup.

Regards,
Dave

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note® 3

Of greater concern to me is that many pilots either have not or have improperly set up the failsafe for when the transmitter is turned off.   I witnessed an accident that resulted in the destruction of one airplane and severe damage of another when the pilot turned off his transmitter.  Fortunately, nobody was hurt.

I am tempted to ask the Nats event director (Bob Kane) to have the line chiefs request that pilots demonstrate their airplane’s failsafe operation prior to their first official flight at the Nats.

Ron Van Putte