[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba

Ryan Smith n2256d at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 09:49:15 AKST 2015

I did a rather extensive servo comparison for JR Americas shortly before I left the company, and it’s surprising the applications that some servos are designed and marketed for, and what they’re commonly used for…particularly Futaba servos. Many “car” servos have found their way in pattern planes over the years with clearly good results.

I wouldn’t limit myself to simply air servos…car servos tend to have a pretty tight deadband and are built to withstand much more abuse than airplane servos. Futaba’s selection of S.Bus servos these days is pretty remarkable!