[NSRCA-discussion] UAS registration

chuenkan at comcast.net chuenkan at comcast.net
Sat Dec 26 14:08:17 AKST 2015

Keith,

I do not disagree with anything you say. I mentioned to my bride a couple of years ago that the manufacturers were shooting themselves in the foot with all this "fly it yourself the first time..." stuff. I knew then any idiot could buy and fly one, and get the rest of us in trouble. Now, those of us who came up the hard way, building our own radios and planes, and learning to fly without 3-axis stabilization systems are getting punished by these instant-gratification people, abetted by those manufacturers. The instant gratification folks are putting a huge dent in our hobby. I see the fault lying primarily with the manufacturers of the easy-fly devices, and that includes the suppliers for Horizon Hobby and Great Planes. I would have thought someone like Anderson @ GP would have seen this coming. It will be interesting to see whether sales are down from what they anticipated this holiday season. I am betting they are significantly down. Maybe the retailers/distributors thought it would just pass like a bad storm...

Phil Spelt, KCRC Emeritus, Secretary
AMA 1294, Scientific Leader Member
SPA L-18, Board Member
(865) 435-1476v (865) 604-0541c