[NSRCA-discussion] RC Caller Phone App - Android

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 12:01:27 AKST 2015

What version of Android are you running?  The Android version is still very beta, I'll probably update it to only work with my Bluetooth device since voice and tilt are incredibly hard to work with on Android and it's not worth the time..
Peter+

Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 11:46 AM -0800, "Larry Diamond via NSRCA-discussion" <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> wrote:

Hope everyone had a great Christmas…

I tried downloading the RC Caller via DeployGate (Google Play Store) for my Samsung Galaxy 4 (Android). I also tried on my new phone, Samsung Galaxy S6.

It seems to download properly, however, when I start it on either phone it provides the prompt “RC Caller has stopped” and the app shuts down. This happens immediately on opening the app.

Do I need to set up something on my phone? What am I missing besides those that wish to say, get an iPhone… vbg….

I posted on RCU and sent a personal message to Peter (on RCU) in hopes of getting pointed in the right direction, including an existing post. No response yet as it was pretty close to the Holidays.

I fly out of Evansville, IN and don’t have a reliable caller to practice. Not many people around here flying pattern. Read as zero in at least a two hour radius.

I have one 2M plane RTF (Monolog) and two more on the way (Allure and Shinden). It would be nice to get a caller or I need to memorize the sequence…lol… Getting to old for that… J

Thanks in advance for your response. Hopefully there is an easy button I can hit for a fix…

Larry Diamond

NSRCA 3083