[NSRCA-discussion] It gets worse: FAA confirms that drone registry info will be public record

James Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 19 07:34:15 AKST 2015

You missed Roman Numerals.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

From: NSRCA-discussion [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Keith Hoard via NSRCA-discussion
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2015 7:44 AM
To: NSRCA Discussion
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] It gets worse: FAA confirms that drone registry info will be public record

There are also a few hundred more issues I can think of right off the top of my head when talking about JUST the number issue.

1)       Size and readability.  What's to keep someone like me obtaining access to a tunneling electron microscope from writing my number at atomic scale?
2)      Font, color?  Yes, inspector, my number is right there.  Its written in the same paint as the wing if my plane.  Or better yet, I stenciled it on using clearcoat.
3)      At what point during construction of a plane is it considered complete enough to require a number?
4)      What are the FAA’s limits on where they can inspect?  Can an inspector come to my house to check compliance?  They'll have my address now.

Time to drink some coffee and contemplate more ways they're gonna screw us at the drive-thru.

--Keith Hoard
--klhoard at outlook.com