[NSRCA-discussion] What did the top 2 or 3 individual finalist have in common?

lucky macy luckymacy at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 30 07:05:23 AKDT 2015

Ok, I'm bored and waiting for hysol to dry so I'm looking over the World pictures and as usual trying to link results with common factors.

What I noticed was that the top two and maybe the top 3 individual pilots all used YS. Makes me wonder if the extra flight time you can get on gas per flight and the ability to get through 2 sequences a flight or spend extra time after a sequence working out some parts of a maneuver can make a real difference at that level.

On the other hand, with the top team, only 1 pilot used YS on their main plane as far as I can tell.

But as I look at what was consistent at the very highest individual level on the podium, it seems YS was a factor. It was not biplanes or contra drives or the continent they were from and their ability to practice or occasionally compete head to head during the summer.

I was told by someone who we all know but I won't mention and who is buying new planes to be F3A competitive next year that with the new schedule the planes are going to have to lighter than ever to do the new knife edge maneuvers perfectly and that this would make a super lightweight and electric flight even more desirable over gas.

So for me that's what I'll be watching for.  Does CPLR have a website or YouTube channel or a friend of his that videos his flights?  I'd like to see what he does for next year...

Back to the Svetlana channel...ha ha