[NSRCA-discussion] Overweight

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Fri Aug 14 07:59:39 AKDT 2015

Just to clarify things from Switzerland....

Joseph's plane processed at 5050gms. Ie barely making weight.  He used the same battery for every contest flight but today he had to fly twice and was unable to charge the battery in between.  The other battery put him 4gms over weight.

The jury imposed the minimum penalty allowed for a rule infraction which is 2% of the maximum possible normalized score or 20pts.   ( 2% of 1000)   That will be subtracted from his final TBL'd score on line 1.  It will make that his throw away score but it will not change his 12th placement.

Joseph is the 2015 Jr World Champion. He will also be a demo pilot tomorrow for the finals.  Don is, and should be proud.  Hell, as a dad in proud for him.

Lessons learned ( and discussed at length today).

A) you can't start at 5050gms.  Too many variables can put you over.

B) IF you are at 5050... Let the whole team know!! We didn't see his weigh in or I think there would have been a team effort to get us a little more margin.

C) never bet against Murphy's Law when it come to picking the little white ball.

In the end it didn't have any impact but it was a very stressful day.

Pouring rain right now waiting for the team managers meeting to start so we can select the unknowns.