[NSRCA-discussion] LiFe batteries

Ihncheol Park pnahobbies at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 9 14:27:38 AKDT 2014

I use LiFe on a few glow models and have a few other friends using LiFe on gas models.  Engines are hard mounted.
depending on the size, about 100 to 300 mAh are used.  Largest being a 30cc on a giant scale stik with 7 high torque digital servos.
Best way to check is using something similar to Hyperion Sentry.  it shows capacity based on the pack voltage on LiXX type.
It is pretty close to actual.  about 2 to 5% variance.

I am using Team Orion LiFe RX packs have up to 35C rating.  Hobbico is 10C rated.

Minimum voltage is 3.0v per cell, so 6.0v  I wouldn't fly if the pack is 3.2v per cell.  I've never had a chance to fly/discharge the rx pack down close to minimum voltage.   usually stop flying, charge, or replace the rx pack if the pack has about 30% left.
Discharge curve is similar to LiPo.  Flat and drop sharp.

Hope Mike is using a charger that shows mAh charge amount.  much easier to calculate how much capacity is used per flight.

Ihncheol