[NSRCA-discussion] D-4 West Michigan Pattern Contest Update

S. McNickle nelson_jett at comcast.net
Sun Jun 15 15:37:36 AKDT 2014

I'll be there!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Murphy via NSRCA-discussion" <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
To: "General pattern discussion" <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2014 2:52:24 PM
Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] D-4 West Michigan Pattern Contest Update

Guys,

This will be our first contest and I would like to invite everyone to come!

Here is MORE Information about our West Michigan Pattern Contest June 20 – 22.

Location & Hotels:

The field is at Exit 59 on I-96, go south and then follow the signs. (about half way between Lansing and Grand Rapids) The field is less than 2miles from the exit. (yes, I know it’s in the middle of nowhere!!!)

At Exit 67, 11 miles from the field, there is a Super-8 (616-527-0729) and a Midway Inn (616-527-6570) if making reservations mention the contest. They are both within walking distance of the Corner Landing Grill, good food and reasonable prices. RV Camping is available at the field, but no hookups.

Grand Rapids is 20 miles West on I-96 at Exits 43a & b, a little further to drive but more choices. At 43a, we have a Super-8, Red Roof Inn, Clairon, Hampton, Best Western, Econo Lodge, at 43b Baymont, Country Inn, and Holiday Inn Express. Lots of fast food, Meijers, Target and on and on.

Food:

Surprise Surprise….. Breakfast at the field!! Available on both Saturday and Sunday for only $3.00. (Dave is a GREAT cook!)

Lunch is also available at the field both days for $5.00. – Burgers, Dogs, Potato Salad, Chips.

Contest – Flying info…..

This is a great site and I’m sure you will love it. Electricity is limited so bring your generator if you have one.

The field will be open for practice on Friday at Noon till dusk.

Pilots meeting starts Saturday at 9:00AM. Saturday morning practice flying starts at 7am.

Any questions, let me know mmurphy178 at comcast.net or 616-690-2095

See you then!!!

Mike and Joy Murphy