[NSRCA-discussion] Free Stuff From Genesis Crash

Dennis Bodary d_bodary at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 06:54:33 AKDT 2014

Ron
 Does the wing take a 7/8" wing tube, and do the stabs take a 7/16th tube. if they do i would like them and would happily pay the shipping.
Thanks
Dennis

 Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Free Stuff From Genesis Crash
 To: "General pattern discussion" <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
 Date: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 10:28 AM

 I once saved an Ugly Stik for a guy
 whose airplane suffered aileron buzz (the uninformed call it
 flutter, but that’s another story) and disconnected the
 servo from the ailerons.  I flew it with rudder only
 and landed it safely.  He complained because the prop
 was broken during the landing!

 Ron

 On Jun 12, 2014, at 7:36 AM, Jay Marshall via
 wrote:

 > I only say that because I did a similar thing 2 weeks
 ago. Had a loose
 > aileron servo wire & didn't check it before taking
 off. Plane was all over
 > the sky including a roll on takeoff.
 > I did get it back w/o damage but it was quite exciting
 for a few minutes!

 > Jay Marshall

 On
 > Behalf Of Ronald Van Putte via NSRCA-discussion
 > Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:57 PM
 > To: General pattern discussion
 > Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Free Stuff From Genesis
 Crash

 wrote:

 >> The final responsibility lies with the pilot in
 command...

 wrote:

 >>> A while back, the guy responsible for prepping
 my aircraft forgot to hook
 > up the aileron servos and the aircraft experienced an
 exciting rolling
 > takeoff, followed by loud crunching noises.  The
 fuselage is "smooshed" (a
 > technical term used by aeronautical engineers).
 However, the wings, while
 > slightly damaged, are repairable and the horizontal
 tail components and
 > rudder are undamaged.  I am offering these parts
 for the cost of shipping
 > only, because I want to get this embarrassing reminder
 of the accident out