[NSRCA-discussion] Master Scoring notes

Scott Smith vze23c3q at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 14:01:13 AKDT 2014

Hey Guys,

A couple notes on using Master Scoring.

If using the FAI format for F3A, the application will calculate number of
pilots to advance out of the prelims into the semis based on the 30% rule.
You most likely will want to override this at a local contest.  Enter a
number in Prelim Adv greater than or equal to the number of participants
here:

(Hopefully the screen print of the Judges tab below will display.)

Since a local contest usually ends after the semis, enter 3 for Semi Adv and
the top 3 will have the asterisk to indicate money winners.

The other note is regarding Check In.  This feature is for sharing the
contest file with others so you can collaborate during the setup.  To use
this, you must first email a copy of the contest file to the other person.
Then as each of you open the file, the app will check to see if a newer
version exists based on a key contained in the file.

If you are sending me a file to review, please use the Upload button on the
Reports tab as it's easier for me to identify the file in the repository.
If I make a change, I will use Check In and then you can click Get Latest to
download that change.

If you have an upcoming contest and are unsure of the configuration, upload
your file and send me an email and I'll be happy to review it.

Thanks,

Scott