[NSRCA-discussion] ESC Motor Combo

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 12:11:29 AKDT 2014

Sounds like a Castle ESC in "Auto" endpoint mode.  The correct way to
handle one of those is to arm at FULL throttle and then drop to zero
throttle, that way the ESC knows the high + low end points.  If you arm at
low then it "guesses" at the top end point in the first few seconds after
it gets a signal above zero, hence a slow advance of the throttle confuses
it.  (Castles are designed for sport fliers who think a takeoff is full
throttle immediately).

Personally, I *hate* the idea of arming a system at full throttle, so with
a castle ESC (I think I'm down to 1 of those in my hangar at this point) I
set up fixed end points right away.

Peter+

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Scott McHarg via NSRCA-discussion <

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training