[NSRCA-discussion] List issue

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Mon Jul 28 08:42:11 AKDT 2014

On 07/28/14 08:30, Dale Olstinske via NSRCA-discussion wrote:
> When I receive messages to this list, it come through as:
>
> From: JAS via NSRCA-discussion (for example), but only on my windows laptop
>
> If I'm on an IOS device, iPad or iPhone, the message comes through as only:
>
> From: NSRCA-diccussion, with no indication who sent it.
>
> This only recently started with either the change of list server or
> perhaps upgrade to operating system.
>
> Anyone else have this issue? Any clue how to fix?
>
> Dale

Hello Dale,

After the recent server changes to accommodate DMARC adoption, the list
sends all messages through with the "so and so via NSRCA-discussion" in
the from header now.  How your e-mail client interprets and displays the
from information is determined by the client itself.  I personally use
Thunderbird on Windows, FreeBSD and MacOS - so it all looks the same to me.

Here's a snippet of what I sent to the list about the changes:

Visible changes to list messages:

You'll note that the message FROM address will no longer be the
individual who actually sent the message, but rather the list server
itself.  Mailman tries to preserve the original sender ID in the from
text field and adds it to the reply-to: field as well.  For more detail,
see http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/DMARC

We're using the Munge From option.

--
Tom

   "Z80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, she's
         sucking mud again!" - Error message on XENIX v3.0

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com