[NSRCA-discussion] Passing of Mike Wingo

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Sat Jul 5 06:08:45 AKDT 2014

Wow Jon, so sorry to hear that.  A sad day for us all. Prayers to his family.

Sent from my average intelligence  phone

On Jul 5, 2014, at 12:41 AM, "Jon Lowe via NSRCA-discussion" <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org<mailto:nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>> wrote:

It is with extreme sadness that I report the passing of Mike Wingo, longtime NSRCA member, Lifetime AMA member, and competitor, of a sudden heart attack today.  Mike was currently living in the Huntsville, AL area.  He and I had become close over the past couple of years, and were planning to have dinner tonite, having spoken earlier today.  His son, Austin, also an NSRCA member, had just returned from Afghanistan and drove to Huntsville once he heard about the heart attack.   Austin, Austin's wife, Mike's ex-wife, Gary Courtney, and I were together at the hospital when we got the horrible news from the ER doctor.  Mike had some health issues, but no indication of heart problems, so this was a complete shock to us all. In fact, Mike had gone to the Eglin contest last weekend with Gary and I.

I will put out arrangements information as soon as I know more. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Jon