[NSRCA-discussion] Attention D4 Members

Ron Hansen rcpilot at wowway.com
Thu Jan 2 14:49:22 AKST 2014

Matt Finley your new D4 VP asked me to send this message to you all..

District 4 Members,

First of all, Happy New Years!  I am really looking forward to the upcoming
2014 season.  As most of you probably know, I have taken over the D4-VP
duties from Anthony Abdulah. Thank you Anthony for all your hard work during
your years as VP!

Things are moving along fairly smoothly on my end with the transition.  At
this moment I am trying to iron out our schedule for the 2014 season.  I
have started a thread on RCU in the Pattern forum of all the confirmed dates
I have as of now.

I am trying to find a time in our schedule that I can hold a contest at the
S&S field in Quincy Ohio.  I would just like to get some input from you
about a couple thoughts.  I had originally asked my club to hold the month
of August open so that I could try and fit a meet in. We have several
sanctioned meets in June and July, so August was the only month I could hold
open. The only weekend I could hold the meet in August without interfering
with another meet is Aug 16 - 17. There is a meet in Michigan the weekend
before, and one in Ohio the weekend after. In saying this, we would have
three meets right back to back. I know that some people with family
commitments and etc. like to have a week or two off in between. I am just
trying to figure out how many people think they would be interested in
attending if I end up scheduling it then.  Another option possibly is having
a non-sanctioned practice clinic, and judging clinic sometime in mid-May, or
early October after the regular season.  If you would please let me know
your thoughts on this, and get back to me as soon as possible, I would
greatly appreciate it.  For those of you who have not flown at the Quincy
field, it is located about an hour west of Columbus. We fly at a full scale
grass strip that is 2200 feet long, and we face west. Normally the Sun is no
issue until late afternoon, and we do have electric.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Happy Flying !

Matthew Finley - D4 VP

database 9240 (20140102) __________