[NSRCA-discussion] Virtual Caller for iOS (Doug Harvel)

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 19:27:49 AKST 2014

Believe it or not, I did try the hip mount approach, it kinda works if you
swivel your hip with the phone on a belt clip and the roll or pitch axis
in-line with your belt.  But you look ridiculous and it's not as reliable
or as easy to work with as mounting to the bottom of your TX.
Fundamentally the rotation matrix algorithms and the 3Axis gyro/accel
packages in these phones work best when gravity is on the Z axis
penetrating the phone from screen top to case bottom, the Y axis runs along
the long axis of the phone, and the X axis runs along the short axis of the
phone from left to right as you hold it in portrait orientation.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 8:14 PM, Ronald Van Putte via NSRCA-discussion <

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training
Associate Vice President, Academy of Model Aeronautics District X