[NSRCA-discussion] Virtual Caller for iOS

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:16:04 AKST 2014

To each their own :-)

I've written several hundred thousand lines of Java in my career and
several Android apps.  I'm fond of Eclipse in general, but the Android
simulator is incredibly buggy, there's a lot you cannot do from the Sim,
and the fact that to support the majority of Android devices I have to go
all the way back to ice cream means that I can't rely on the latest
features of Android at all.  Finally, major bugs reported against Ice Cream
and Jelly Bean, and acknowledged by Google as bugs remain major bugs in
Lollipop 2+ years later!  (For example, voice input will turn off
uncommanded after about 10 seconds of silence).  The intent system also
means that another app can interfere with the execution of my app, and apps
in the background can crash Android while my app is in the foreground.

Peter+