[NSRCA-discussion] 2015 proposed sequences

Jas justanotherflyr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 11:31:36 AKDT 2014

"The square on corner with knife edge corner may require a little more setup but not a maneuver that is going to hurt any models."

One of the Masters pilots here (who doesn't compete as much lately due to jets) was trying to do the KE corner with his Wind. He would go to high rate rudder and hammer it in. I asked him to try it on low rate and ease it in. Other than a left rudder/aileron mix fix needed, it went right around and was smooth by his 5th try. Only 'set-up' needed was to fix his KE mix that wasn't quite right to begin with.

One thing I have noticed is that Masters is the destination class, not F3A (as some have mentioned). It's my guess that F3A might be loosing a few pilots once F-17 comes out so it should make Masters more 'fun' regardless of the difficulty in the pattern. Might be time to start being more nit picky when judging and not think that a score lower than a 6 will hurt someone's feelings.

Sent from my iP