[NSRCA-discussion] 2015 proposed sequences

James Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 18 11:30:39 AKDT 2014

I think most of us acquire the skill to fly more difficult combination
maneuvers when we have to and not before. After 35 years flying pattern I
just recently had to fly coordinated left slow rolls. If it wasn't in the
sequence I still wouldn't be flying them.
On another issue; flying lower classes through several sequence changes adds
greatly when considering a move up. It's all about getting comfortable
flying a variety of combinations lessening the intimidation factor when
first trying a new sequence. Maybe I didn't say this quite right but when
one can say 'been there done that' to about half of what's in a new schedule
it becomes much easier. For example flying a single intermediate sequence
proficiently doesn't prepare one to fly advanced. There are still new skills
available in different intermediate sequences. The more exposure the better.
Just my opinion:
Jim