[NSRCA-discussion] 2015 Advanced 'secret notes'

Jas justanotherflyr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:20:35 AKDT 2014

I just called the new proposed Advanced twice to one of our Advanced pilots today. Basically it was an unknown to him as he knew the first proposed one a little and only saw the changes a few minutes before I flew it for him. Here's some things that might help others when doing the sequence:

1- Carry (your) normal speed across the top of the DI. Do (your) normal roll rate for the rolls. Add a bit of power on exit to help with bottom roll.

2/3- do as normal.

4- Use ALL of the box when you start this. Keep all radii fairly tight (not Round loop size, more Square loop size). If shallow on 45 down you will most likely exit real close to center.

5/6- Do as normal.

7- I watched a long line before the half roll then a short line both flights. Unless you want this maneuver HUGE I would suggest establish your line, 1/2 roll, establish your line and push.

8- Start before the end of the box so the loop doesn't go out of the box. You won't be rushed as the Hourglass starts just before center. Go easy on your pull at first then tighten it up as you get around the back side. Exit high enough so you can make the Hourglass without panicking at the bottom.

9- Start before center. No need to make all radii tight and stress your plane. After you 45 half roll down start your bottom pull sooner than you think. Most will wait til it 'looks right' then it's too later to add a radius and not be too low.

10- Remember to match entry and exit radii

11/12- Do as normal. Be prepared to exit 12 and draw a 'short' exit line to start 13.

13- Start as early as you comfortably can. Keep a bit off power on THROUGH the top radius so you're not too slow for the down 45 snap.

14- Do as normal.

15- No need for tight radii (think Hourglass). Bottom radius is centered on pole. I watched both flights where radius was started at center pole.

16- Start early and it does not need to be a big maneuver. We both did them where the bottom was just below 'mid-box' height, but not down at starting base line.

17- Spin as normal.

Maybe this will help some when learning the new Advanced. This was just my observations from today.

Sent from my iP