[NSRCA-discussion] Test from gmail account

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Thu Apr 10 05:55:05 AKDT 2014

On 04/10/14 05:36, Bob Kane wrote:
> Did this go through?

This is probably a good opportunity to mention one of Gmail's quirks
with respect to list posting.  When you post to mailing lists from Gmail
- you won't see your own posts come back to you from the list.

Here is what Google's support FAQ offers as an explanation:

Question:
I expected to find a message in my inbox, but it's not there. Is
something wrong?

Answer:
When you send a message to any mailing list you subscribe to, Gmail
automatically skips your inbox and archives the message to save you time
and prevent clutter. The message will appear in your inbox if someone
responds to it or if there is an error delivering the message. If you'd
like to view your message, you can find it in Sent Mail or All Mail.

If you want to quickly verify whether one of your posts made it to the
list, you can always visit the archives which are updated real time:

http://lists.nsrca.org/pipermail/nsrca-discussion/

--
Tom

   "Z80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, she's
         sucking mud again!" - Error message on XENIX v3.0

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com