[NSRCA-discussion] I need suggestion on what type and kind of 12 volt battery to charge 10 cell thunder power packs and zippy 10 cell packs. I do not have a generator and believe I could get a 12 volt battery to charge maybe 2 10 cell packs once anyway. Any suggestions?

astropuppy astropuppy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 08:05:15 AKDT 2014

I use to carry a flooded deep cycle battery for charging 10S packs. I could
get 4-5 charges out it. Best deal I found was Walmart trolling motor
batteries. About $70 if I remember correctly. The most important thing is
to have a (three stage) smart charger for the deep cycle. I used a IOTA
power supply which a IQ4 module.

Nowadays I take fully charged flight packs to the field, when they are
spent, I go home. The only time I use my generator is at contests. If I
stay in a hotel I leave the generator at home and charge in the room.