[NSRCA-discussion] What do you folks do at your flying sites?

John Ford jsf106 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 07:31:18 AKDT 2014

In general, the fields I fly at tend to have courteous members and I rarely have a problem putting up a flight even when the field is busy. They know I keep it to one pattern and am on the ground within 7-8 minutes. They often joke that it takes them longer to get ready to fly than it takes me to do a pattern. The sport flyers occasionally fly at the same time, so if they do, I just move my line out to 250m and that usually takes me out of the soup.
Likewise, I tend to take long breaks between flights and always limit myself to 3 flights per session, just because more than that isn't very productive practice for me. Even in my YS days, I had 24 ounces on board, but still couldn't do two complete Masters patterns, so never bothered trying.

John