[NSRCA-discussion] What do you folks do at your flying sites?

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Mon Apr 7 07:15:14 AKDT 2014

This seems to fall into the realm of common sense and common courtesy.

At our home field, I don’t feel I have any right to fly alone when all of the other sport flyers share the air.  If the crowd is small, Most of my fellow club members are courteous enough to let me fly alone.  When the field is crowded, I purposely take off when there are others in the air to make sure they don’t feel obligated to do so on a busy day.  If I’m not comfortable with the number of planes in the air… I don’t fly.

Regarding glow vs electric.  Same rule seems to apply.  If there are two pattern guys on an empty field, who cares.   But when it’s a crowd of us, and we’re all scrambling to get in as many flights as possible, it seems rude that one “slimer” is getting in twice as much practice time as the rest of the group.  That said, I figure if the said offender is oblivious of the problem, or worse, is unconcerned with it, then they likely have bigger issues to deal with.    In the end they’re still toy airplanes.

Mark Atwood
Paragon Consulting, Inc.  |  President
5885 Landerbrook Drive Suite 130, Cleveland Ohio, 44124
Direct: 440.229.2502 |  Fax: 440.684.3102
www.paragon-inc.com<http://www.paragon-inc.com/>

[cid:image001.png at 01CE481F.E6A56C70]