[NSRCA-discussion] Testing

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Mon Sep 23 07:01:10 AKDT 2013

On 09/21/13 08:11, Dave Lockhart wrote:
> I received a noticed I had been unsubscribed from the list...and I did not
> request to be unsubscribed.  Wondering if I will see this post J
>
> Dave

Mystery solved under separate cover to Dave :)

There are only a couple ways to get removed from the NSRCA lists
involuntarily.  The most common is if your e-mail service repeatedly
refuses delivery of list messages; usually because of an over quota
mailbox.  In that case the system keeps track of the failed deliveries
and if it happens too often then the software will automatically
unsubscribe the user.  The other way to be removed involuntarily is for
poor behavior on the playground - violation of the mailing list rules:

1. The mailing list server is administered at the direction of the NSRCA
leadership.

2.  Occasional teasing, banter, reasoned debate and "flame wars" are
part of the exchange, but personal attacks or anti-social behavior will
not be tolerated.

3.  Personal "for sale" postings are allowed.  However, if you are
posting on behalf of your business, please get prior approval from the
NSRCA leadership (or better yet, advertise in the K-Factor!)

4.  Abuse of the service, the server or other list members are grounds
for removal without warning.

Although a few warnings have been politely issued in the past, I've
never had to involuntarily boot anyone for poor behavior in my tenure as
list caretaker - so you can forget about teasing Dave :-P

--
Tom

   "Z80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, she's
         sucking mud again!" - Error message on XENIX v3.0

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com