[NSRCA-discussion] flutter again

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 15 16:49:24 AKDT 2013

Just got home.
George attached is a drawing of a devise I used in pattern planes with
torque rods before I started using dual servos.
The rod inside the tube is oiled relying on molecular friction to disrupt hi
frequency oscillation. I just used motor oil as hi viscosity oil wasn’t
necessary. It worked well without and ‘stick-slip’ brake-away friction and
no noticeable resistance to normal servo travel.
Jim