[NSRCA-discussion] Trip down computer memory lane

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Wed Sep 11 06:17:27 AKDT 2013

On 09/11/13 05:35, rdpee at juno.com wrote:
> Jon
>      Hi My Name is Ralph D Perillo, a old time pattern flyer and pylon
> racer from the sixties thru today.
> I'm from Buffalo NY.  I owne Two Stika Cutters both running on an old
> desktop with windows early edition.
> I have much newer systems running Windows & 8.  My Stika cutters are the
> orginal 3.5 inch with 3.5 floppy
> disk programs and the Roland Stika 12 inch cutter.  Took me much heart
> acks to get the two of them to run on the same
> computer. They needed the old serial ports. I would love to get them to
> run on windows XP or newer version. I would be happy if
> I could get just the newer 12 inch unit to work on a newer system.

Hi Ralph,

I have several devices that require legacy serial interfaces and I've
had really good luck with the Trend TRENDnet TU-S9 Serial Converters.
They're typically around $8-10 and I have three of them in production -
one is one Windows XP, one on Windows 7 and the third on FreeBSD.

Good luck :)

--
Tom

   "Z80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, she's
         sucking mud again!" - Error message on XENIX v3.0

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com