[NSRCA-discussion] RC Pilot killed

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 11:06:15 AKDT 2013

Yep. At 2000 RPM, a 700mm blade tip is moving at 527km/h, at 338g for a good set of carbon blades that's a couple thousand joules of energy, lethal for sure.  When I fly Helis (even my 500 and 550mm bladed ones) I treat them with a great deal of respect, but a lot of the kids flying these days just think everything is going to work perfectly all the time and neither they, their radio, or their mechanics are going to make a mistake

---Sent from Boxer | http://getboxer.com

Ok them what is the tip speed at 2500 rpm at 60 inches? Is it 446 mph?

 Add a stiff CF blade and that's going to leave a mark.

 Honestly it's crazy to me.

NSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.org