[NSRCA-discussion] Flew the computer this weekend: Result -- a virtual caller app

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Thu May 16 12:18:23 AKDT 2013

I've never been an apple fan-boy, but I gotta say, initial impressions of
the Galaxy tablet are mostly favorable except:
1.  It's too heavy, way heavier than my larger iPad
2.  The buttons on it are placed without thought -- I've hit one button or
another accidentally just about every time I've done something with the
tablet, usually with undesired results
3.  The default launcher interface is clunky and wastes a lot of screen
real-estate

On the positive side, I love the flexibility, apps can have a store built
in to them even if Google doesn't get a kickback (i.e. kindle and audible)
and you can drop apps in that replace/augment existing functionality (like
Nuance's swype keyboard).

I doubt this will be as central to my life as my iPhone, but then, neither
is my iPad or my Kindle Paper White :-)

Peter+

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training