[NSRCA-discussion] Driving I-70 to Muncie from the west in July?

Ed White edvwhite at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 21 17:41:26 AKDT 2013

We're going to try something.  We're going to host the 1st Annual Meet Me in St.
Louis Pre-Nat’s Pattern Fly-in Because I'm Tired of Driving to Muncie and I Want
a Break To Fly (1AMMSTLPNPFIBITODTMAIWABTF).

OK, we've got a few months to come up with a better acronym but itgets the idea
across.  For several years some of our pattern  buddies from the west have
stopped in St.Louis on their way to Muncie for a few hours of pre-Nat's warm-up
flying.  I thought we'd try opening it up.  Nothing formal, just some flyingand
pattern talk.

If you are driving I-70 to Muncie you will pass through St. Louis, and come
within 5 miles of our field.  We've got a pretty good field for pattern with a
paved runway and box lines on the runway.

BTW, if you are driving this route, whether you join us or not, be aware that
there is major bridge construction on the I-70 bridge over the MO river just
west of St Louis.  The way to avoid it is take Hwy 370 (exit 224).  Which
happily is also the route to get to our  field.  From our field, you will have
about a 5 hour drive on to Muncie.

More details can be found at

http://phantomflyersrc.com/events_our/events13/meetmestl13.pdf

Hope you can join us,