[NSRCA-discussion] Alamogordo, New Mexico, Pattern Contest March 16, 2-13

Jeff jeff at hillanalysis.com
Tue Mar 19 20:34:44 AKDT 2013

Hats off to Mark Komsa and the Alamogordo RC'ers for putting on a great first contest. The weather and competition were both great, we got in 6 rounds in one day with 8 pilots. 5 Sportsman and 3 Advanced. Richard Lindberg was the chief judge and advisor, driving from Albuquerque even though he did not fly.

I look forward to next year's contest and it appears that when combined with D7's new contests there will be a string of contests essentially across I-10. I don't need to be shown a Rand McNally roadmap, I know Alamogordo isn't on I-10, but it is just over the hill from Las Cruces and up a broad valley from El Paso, both of which are on I-10.

Will there be a contest in Tuscon this year? I'm looking forward to Apache Junction.