[NSRCA-discussion] CIAM Meeting Representation

Bill's Email silentav8r at cox.net
Tue Mar 12 14:50:35 AKDT 2013

Thought you folks might be interested what is going on in the soaring
side of the FAI world. A proposal to condense several events, soaring
being one of them, has been submitted. The soaring community in the US
is taking notice that AMA is not funding the individual area reps to go
to the meeting, so the soaring folks have decided to try to fund it
themselves. Here's the thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24403409&postcount=1

This is the document that has gotten them to do this:

http://lomcovak.cz/wp_eng/f3b/2013/03/f3b-world-championship-in-future-canceled/

F3A is mentioned, but only in that it should remain as is. F3M is talked
about as a target for elimination. Again, this is a proposal submitted
for consideration.

Thought you might find it interesting. I recall reading that our US F3A
CIAM rep was also told by AMA that they would not fund his travel.

Bill in OC