[NSRCA-discussion] test

Wayne Galligan wcgalligan at att.net
Wed Mar 6 05:42:34 AKST 2013

The multi-copter phenomenon is a fast growing segment of the hobby and many of these guys have never seen a flying field let alone belong to AMA.
Getting these people on the same page as we have been on for years may pose somewhat of a challenge.
I myself have gotten caught up in this end of the hobby and even considered using a unit with camera in my line of work.
However, with the recent changes in the law making sector I have backed up on this.  The legal stuff has become a rather restraining issue.
One other thing I have seen is the use of long range HUD units. I first experienced this at a rouge field in Akron Ohio in 2007.
These guys were flying several miles out and coming close to the airfield that the blimps were stored at.  Technology has come so far now that most anyone can access this equipment.
I think I’ll keep it to the level of “Fun Factor”