[NSRCA-discussion] Battery Recycling...Batteries Plus

Richard Lewis humptybump at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 14 08:21:40 AKDT 2013

I recently acquired a new electric pattern plane and it came along with some good batteries and some very tired batteries.  I needed to dispose of the tired batteries.

I read a ton of articles on the web about the various home grown disposal methods...the discussion seems as broad, varied, and full of misinformation as a snap roll debate on this list...

Anyway, I googled battery recycling and found that Batteries Plus (http://www.batteriesplus.com/) has retail stores nationwide that accept almost any type of battery for recycling.  I called my local store and the guy said that they would take lipo's for free as long as I brough them in a box....

I took in about six 5S packs with the leads cut and taped and explained that they were hobby batteries and I did not know if they were charged or not (I know some had a partial charge).  He looked in the box and said "no problem".  He took my box and I left...

A lot easier than any method I have seen on the web...seems like a good choice for those of us that live near enough to civilization (aguable??) to have a retail store within a reasonable distance....

Richard