[NSRCA-discussion] Repairing Gear Block - Guidance Needed - Added Weight VS Strength

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Fri Jun 14 09:26:40 AKDT 2013

Larry, I think your approach sounds fine EXCEPT the use of Light Ply.  Light ply is not nearly strong enough.  I know you're trying to avoid weight, but lire-ply isn't the solution in this case.  I agree with whomever suggested the carbon laminate.  Or if weight isn't absolutely critical, I'd just use aircraft ply.  I'd also probably "pin" it to the existing plate with some 1/8" dowels just for good measure.

Mark Atwood
Paragon Consulting, Inc.  |  President
5885 Landerbrook Drive Suite 130, Cleveland Ohio, 44124
Direct: 440.229.2502 |  Fax: 440.684.3102
www.paragon-inc.com<http://www.paragon-inc.com/>

[cid:image001.png at 01CE481F.E6A56C70]