[NSRCA-discussion] Weak Signals Day 1

Larry Diamond ldiamond at diamondrc.com
Mon Jun 3 07:50:42 AKDT 2013

Great Contest...

It was great to make a contest again and see familiar faces... albeit I broke the LG on a rough deadstick landing on a windy day... I elected not to repair the LG despite many offers from many folks to assist. No doubt all the resources were available to make a repair. Mike also offered to let me fly one of his planes, but being out so long and the winds... I preferred to sit this out as a spectator and help a newbie Sportsman friend I brought with me.

Tony had a great time flying his Tower Kaos 40 and is starting to talk about gradually moving into a plane that could handle the wind much better (small pattern style). Tony and I practiced in heavy winds before the contest. However, I think this contest was the most wind he has ever dealt with. I think the pattern bug has bit him and slowly in the process of taking over... LOL

We had a great time at a well ran contest. Hats off to Bob and Tim...

Watching Andrew fly is simply amazing... Andrew would fly and the wind would calm, or so it appeared. You would not know the wind was blowing 15 to 20mph while he is flying.

Good Luck to Andrew and Team USA !!!!