[NSRCA-discussion] Team Fund raising Clinics!!!

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 14:36:12 AKST 2013

An Austin-based club often does raffles online using Paypal, I'll leave it
to y'all to judge the ethics of it, I personally feel that Paypal's rules
are overly restrictive based on an interpretation of what the government
means by "gambling" when they prohibit online gambling. Here's how it works
-- everything on the paypal side is set up as a donation, but there is a
side understanding that for donation of $X you will get Y tickets where Y
increases faster than X, but not exponentially.  When you make the
donation, you get a range of numbers e-mailed to you as a "thank you for
your donation", those are the numbers of the tickets that were assigned to
you.  Obviously, you need not be present at the drawing to win.  I've not
won, but I do know of some people far from Austin who donated online and
actually won a big AJ Slick that was then shipped to them at club expense.

Peter+

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training