[NSRCA-discussion] Servo speed (slower on purpose?)

Archie Stafford astafford at md.metrocast.net
Thu Feb 28 04:45:22 AKST 2013

	  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
Stuart,

	I'm currently flying Chris Moon's company airplane while I'm waiting
on getting mine finished.  I have over 200 flights on mine and I'm
running the rudder at full speed.  I never understood the thought
process of slowing it down.  I know others that have, but just for the
heck of it, I tried it once and it made the snaps go from great, to
noticeably sloppier.  I love BJ's airplanes, but I haven't always
agreed with his setups.  I've had no issues running them at full speed
on either of my Nuances, or the Episode,

	Arch
 On Thu 02/28/13 8:04 AM , Stuart Chale schale1 at verizon.net sent:
  Ok this one seems strange to me. So I thought I would ask it here.
 have been reading some of the threads on RCU, especially the ones on
the
 BJ Craft Nuance and Episode as I have an Episode coming (Thanks
Chris).
 Several times it has been mentioned the recommendation for a slower
 rudder servo speed, especially if you prefer an aft CG. Now that
just
 seems counter intuitive. Maybeart we should dig out our old KPS
15's.
 Anyone have any thoughts on that?
 Now for a situation with the same subject that I really thought was
 quite amusing (up to now).
 last summer one of our club members brought out a Byron P-51 Mustang

 with the original 4 blade prop and Byro reduction drive. Pretty cool

 plane but definitely smaller that I thought it was. Well anyway he
was
 having a tough time landing it but finally greased it in perfectly
at a
 fairly high rate of speed. A second later on the flair and it would
 have been retracts through the wings. Anyway he asked me to look at
his
 radio as it had started to rain when he was flying and when he
landed
 the screen was blank. The surfaces still moved but the elevator
servo
 was really slow. I told him something was wrong there too but he
 corrected me saying he slowed down his elevator servo on purpose for

 more scale realism. Now I really do still think that is funny.
 Stuart C.

Links:
------
[1] mailto:NSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.org