[NSRCA-discussion] 2013 NATS dates

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:40:05 AKST 2013

My suggestion would be that ALL the competition pilots from all disciplines form their own competition organization (same/similar structure to the AMA but is NOT a part of the AMA) and its focus is only competition.  This has been done very successfully in other countries where these "competition" organizations then join CIAM and represent their competition pilots.  The AMA can then go back to supporting their bread and butter... The everyday pilot.

It is very evident that the AMAs direction does not favor the competition aspect of our sport.  As the CIAM rep for F3 aerobatics I will not be attending any future meetings with our international peers because the AMA will not be paying for me to travel.  We're essentially isolating ourselves - the only attendees going are the CIAM rep from the AMA and their alternate - they will be tasked with attending 4 or 5 concurrent committee meetings this coming April and then voting on rules proposals etc. at the plenary meeting.  Sounds like a great way for us to lose our influence in competition.  The AMA have said that I can attend if I pay my own way or have the SIG pay my way.

We're the largest competition segment of our international peers but we'll end up with little to no influence in the upcoming years.

Sent from my iPad