[NSRCA-discussion] D4 Unofficial Judging Seminar

Ron Hansen rcpilot at wowway.com
Wed Apr 10 15:58:25 AKDT 2013

As you all know, the Columbus Aeros RC Club will be hosting its first
pattern contest on June 8th and 9th in Columbus, Ohio.

The Columbus Aeros has 4 or more members who are interested in giving
pattern a try.

Some of them flew at last year's St. Clairsville contest.

I'm tentatively planning to conduct a judging seminar on Sat. April 20th.

Here is the tentative agenda:

1.      9 - 9:30 am Watch judging video

2.      9:30 - 10:00 am - General Pattern Discussion

3.      10 - 10:30 am - Travel to field

4.      10:30  - 5 pm - Demonstration flights, practice judging & open
practice

I plan to fly each class twice.  The first flight for each class will be
flown by a pilot in a higher class to demonstrate how each schedule should
be flown.  The second flight for each class will be flown by someone in the
appropriate class and that flight will be judged by a highly experienced
judge and give scores out loud and provide real time commentary.  The
purpose of the second flights will be to calibrate your eyes to what the
"experts" see.  After those flights we will open the field to practice
flights and coaching.   I plan to let the sportsman go first then everyone
is on their own.

No food will be provided so pack a lunch.

Experienced pilots can skip the video and discussion portion and just be at
the field sometime after 10:30 am.

This agenda is a work in progress so feedback would be appreciated.

Also let me know if you are interested and I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

Ron

database 8215 (20130410) __________

http://www.eset.com