[NSRCA-discussion] Charger

Randy Forbus rforbus at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 20 09:48:14 AKDT 2012

Look at the power lab 8 from FMA

From: JAStebbins at att.net
To: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:57:27 -0500
Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Charger

I need to replace my chargers--they are vintage "first Lipo's 109's" and can only handle 5s packs. (got 2 in a case plus good PS.)
Somewhere back, there was a discussion on pros and cons of then latest versions, but I cannot find it.
I think I need :
    up to 6s packs
    Max of 6000ma?-- 20-30 C
    all lipo chemistry's- and incl. N cads and NMH
    2 packs at once
    12V or AC input-I have a 2k Kipor Gen.
    Built in balancer(s)
    Discharger
    "Storage" charge
    Computer output?
    Probably more , but not in my history bank

Any thoughts  are appreciated
Gonna get back to flying next year-got three planes to finish up, plus a couple ( only 1 Glo-170 ) that need some care/ checkout to be ready
Jerry