[NSRCA-discussion] District 6 Fall Pattern Challenge in Albuquerque, NM Sept 22-23

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Thu Sep 6 18:25:28 AKDT 2012

/Everybody,
The following is a message from our Contest Director Jeff Hill, who has
kindly agreed to step in and CD one of our two pattern contest here in
Albuquerque, New Mexico. From early indications, it appears we will have
our best turnout ever for the 5th edition of the Annual Fall Pattern
Classic being held September 22-23.
We will have our usual pizza feast at Village Pizza in Corrales and I am
trying to work out something for Friday night as well. The field will be
open all day Friday for anyone looking for a bit of practice and/or
coaching. It can be open earlier in the week as well by contacting me on
my cell.
BTW, the field elevation is 5300 feet
John Gayer

FROM JEFF HILL, CD
/

This is your invitation to the5th Annual**Fall Pattern Challengehosted
by Rocky Mountain Flying Machine in Albuquerque, New Mexico  at their
club field. There is a flyer attached to this email with additional info
on the contest. Also you can go to nsrca.us and find the contest on the
event calendar. Once you do that you can preregister on the site. No
commitment, but it does help us plan and also get a jump on setting up
the scoring computer. You can find the flyer either at the NSRCA site or
Don Ramsey's site.

RMFM is again hosting a 2-day Pattern contest for RC Aerobatics
on September 22-23, 2012 for Sportsman (AMA 401), Intermediate (402),
Advanced (403), Masters (404) and FAI (406)(please see attached flyer).
Note... there will be no model restrictions for the Sportsman class;
that is, any AMA legal aircraft may be entered.

The Northern New Mexico Pattern Challenge is a relaxed learning
experience contest where you can work on your skills and celebrate and
reflect on the 2012 RC Aerobatic season. Pilots new to RC Aerobatics can
get to know the western NSRCA District 6 competitors, pick up tips, and
compete in a low-pressure fun event. For new contestants there will also
be a demonstration flight of the Sportsman pattern.

There will be an optional "Unknown" sequence flown first thing on Sunday
morning.  The level of difficulty is a bit higher than advanced. Scott
McHarg put the schedule together for us and it has been passed to our
Chief Judge for safekeeping until close of flying on Saturday. There
will be handicapping for those flying in classes below Masters. The
handicapping system will be fully explained at the contest but
effectively adds points to the average maneuver score depending on which
class you enter. Last year we had entrants from Masters right through
Sportsman and that was without handicapping
There is no additional charge for this and the winner will get to keep
the permanent trophy for a year and have his name engraved on it.

Please distribute this invitation to others who may be interested.

/Thanks/
/Jeff/