[NSRCA-discussion] Generators again

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon Oct 1 13:01:47 AKDT 2012

This is one I use occasionally:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/sportsman-trade-2000-watt-portable-gasoline-generator-4458506

It normally sells for $200, but they occasionally have it on sale for $150 (like RIGHT NOW!). It is four-stroke so no mixing fuel (or smoke or fumes while running). I've had good luck with mine. It is not as quiet as the inverter generators, but it certainly is not very loud. I back my truck/trailer to the flight line, run an extension cord with the generator in front of the truck. Not objectionable at all.

Just keep in mind the size of the power supply and chargers you will be using and make sure you keep the power down to around 1400 watts or less. This is never a problem for me, but I don't fly anything (yet) over 4S.

Bob R.