[NSRCA-discussion] Pletty 30-10 advance installation ???

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 13 13:20:58 AKDT 2012

I was THRILLED to finally take delivery of my Pletty 30-10 Advance. Now that I
have it in my hot little hands I need to get it installed in the airplane. That
is proving much more difficult than I anticipated!

Here are the issues:
1. It needs to be nose ring mounted via 6 bolts in the front as there are no
allowances for back plate mounting.
2. I bought the F3A Unlimited motor mount for it, but the mounting tabs are
wider than the front of the airplane so it will not fit flush at the nose ring.
A flush mount actually puts the tabs wider than the nose ring and into the cheek
cowls.
3. The output shaft has a short useful length with a machined flange. so using
any kind of rubber spacers behind the nose ring will be a problem unless they
are very short. If I was to find short rubber spacers there would still be a
width problem as there is no flush surface inside the nose ring to mount them
to.
4. Probably the biggest problem of all, I have to be able to adjust the motor
thrust line for down and right thrust as I do NOT believe there is any built
into the front of the plane.

If anyone has any pictures of their Pletty 30-10 Advance installation or any
techniques to do it accurately and just as important LIGHT please let me know.

Plane is a Sickle V2 if that helps.

Thanks in advance and happy mother's day!

Anthony