[NSRCA-discussion] Heads up, cox.net subscribers

mjfrederick at cox.net mjfrederick at cox.net
Fri May 11 07:18:24 AKDT 2012

Well, that one got through...
---- mjfrederick at cox.net wrote:
Well, isn't that special. At least it's nice enough to CC the originator of the e-mail (which I usually remove) when I reply using their webmail application...

Matt

---- Tom Simes <simestd at netexpress.com> wrote:

If you're a cox.net subscriber, you are currently being blocked from
sending mail to the various NSRCA lists as well as a non-trivial number
of other destinations on the net due to Cox not following e-mail best
practices (Internet RFCs).

Here is the message I've submitted to the Cox mail administrators via
e-mail as well as their Postmaster contact form:

Hello,

I run a national mailing list and your cox.net customers are being
blocked from sending mail due to cox.net not properly supporting a null
originator per RFC:

http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/lookup.php?domain=cox.net

Technical details here:

http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/policy-dsn.php

Many mail server administrators make use of the rfc-ignorant.org various
DNSBL services to help weed out UCE.  Please look into this, thank you.

--
Tom

    "Z80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, she's
          sucking mud again!" - Error message on XENIX v3.0

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com