[NSRCA-discussion] Castle Creations CapPack

Ronald Van Putte vanputter at gmail.com
Thu May 10 08:26:49 AKDT 2012

In my installation, I could have cut at least 5" off the wires between the ESC and my arming system, but I just coiled it back on itself.  I wonder if I shouldn't cut those wires and resolder the plug, so there's a straight shot between the ESC and the arming system.

The product information on the CapPack says, " Adding wire also adds inductance, which can increase the ripple voltage in a system. CC CapPack essentially negates the ripple caused by the addition of up to 8 inches of length to the battery wires."

It also says, "CC CapPack is useful in all brushless motor applications, where it serves to give just that little boost needed to overcome ripples in the battery voltage caused by hard acceleration or long battery wires. Remember, ripple voltage is hard on an ESC, adding the CC CapPack can help reduce the load on the controller's on-board capacitors."

I wonder if reducing the leads might alleviate the need for the CapPack.

Ron Van Putte