[NSRCA-discussion] List message size raised, etiquette reminder

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Mon Mar 19 10:06:21 AKDT 2012

Hello everyone,

First, I would like to thank everyone who has been contributing their
thoughtful and insightful analysis to the recent discussions (on all
sides).  There have been a few pot shots, but overall I really applaud
the quality of the discussion.

List message limit has been raised to 200Kb.  Some time ago, the
communal agreement was to limit message size to 100K so as not to clog
e-mail for those users still on slower links.  The recent rules and
future of pattern discussions have included some longer posts which I've
had to manually approve due to being over 100K.  So as not to delay
these posts, I've bumped the limit to 200K.  Please continue to trim
posts as you quote though, it makes reading easier - and therefore more
people are likely to read your comments ;)

Obligatory list etiquette reminder - while I have your attention it's
probably a good time to throw this out there again:

I am the current NSRCA list administrator and the rules I run the
list by are simple:

1. I own the mailing list server, but it is administered at the
direction of the NSRCA leadership.

2. The occasional teasing, banter, reasoned debate and "flame wars" are
part of the exchange, but personal attacks are not appropriate and will
not be tolerated.

As far as I am concerned, the only valid reasons to take administrative
action against a list user are continued and deliberate abuse of the
service, the server or other list members.

Thank you,

Tom

    "Z80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, she's
          sucking mud again!" - Error message on XENIX v3.0

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com